Support the DuPont Community Garden
Our garden is a volunteer run organization that depends upon charitable donations to fund our day to day operations and maintenance. Your contributions to the garden are entirely tax deductible as the garden is an IRS registered 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization.
Please consider donating to the Garden.
Would you like to make regular or specific donations?
Please contact us if you would like to consider setting up scheduled donations towards the operation of the garden.
What we do with your donations:
- Cover operating costs to keep plot fees very reasonable and making garden accessible to all
- Help pay for the soil amendments, seeds and starts we use every growing season
- Cover cost of the repairing and replacing bed sides and irrigation lines
- Replace or repair wheelbarrows and hand tools used by gardeners and volunteers
- Pay for speaker fees to help educate the gardeners on different aspects of gardening
- Provide supplies and materials for the children’s gardening programs
Projects in need of extra funding:
- Remove large rocks in pathways and cover them with crushed rock or grass to make the garden safer for all
- Repaint the ten year old wooden frame structure of the large greenhouse
- Procure additional benches for placement around the garden
- Update the garden gates with self-latching mechanisms and improve fencing to prevent entry of rabbits and other critters